May 31, 2023

Tech Tools Review

Before beginning my web 2.0 journey, I did not define myself as someone who was very much into a digital presence, in fact, my digital footprint is quite small. As I progress in my journey, I am finding and learning so many tools that I would have never found or used before!

These tech tools are among those that I never really used or heard of (aside from YouTube) and here is what I have learned so far, the likes and the dislikes...

Blogger 

  • Diverse settings and design choices
  • User friendly and FREE!
  • Availability of ideologies
I have also found that I enjoy blogging...who would've thought?? I enjoy the ability to jot down my thoughts and ideas and share them with different communities or networks (depending on the context)! I have always enjoyed writing, even academic papers, so blogging is a good outlet to utilize.

Feeder 

  • User friendly and FREE!
  • One stop shop
This tool allows you to add as many blogs as you can read into one easy to follow stream. You can sort through which ones to read or continue to the bloggers page to read more. It is pretty ingenious and makes it easy to keep up with your favorite blogs!

YouTube 

  • Millions of videos and channels to follow
  • Free unless you want to have no ads
  • Unlimited knowledge....I used a YouTube video to fix my garage door!
YouTube is a streaming service where you can look up almost any video imaginable. You can learn to cook, exercise, watch music videos, or even fix your car! I use YouTube everyday for workouts, it is really insightful to see the different communities and networks that can be built through this service. 

LinkedIn
  • Offerings of professional development
  • Professional networking
  • Easy to use
LinkedIn is a great tool to use to develop in your professional field. You can link with others in the profession, share ideas and collaborate. This tool is also used in many companies human resources department to find qualified candidates. I especially enjoy the professional development videos that are offered...for free! 


The next tools I will be taking a look at will be Reddit and Instagram...Let's see how this goes!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Frankie,
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the tech tools out there, and also the fact that you're starting to enjoy blogging too. I am also starting to enjoy blogging as it allows me to sit down, internalize on course readings or external sources, and then reflect and jot down our thoughts to share with the communities. It forces me in a way to articulate my thoughts as I write my blogpost. I also like the fact that Feeder acts as a 'one-stop' center to consolidate all the blogposts in one page so that I don't have to check manually on each of our peer's blog.

    I haven't really get involved with LinkedIn as I always thought that it is a very formal network site for professional networking. You can actually use our FSU account to assess the LinkedIn Learning which has a abundance of online learning courses for your pursual! Do check it out if you're free!

    ReplyDelete