July 27, 2023

Challenge Week

 Last week was full of many challenges, and it was so much fun! As I was trying out a few of the challenges, I began to question what made these so engaging? Was it the excitement of trying something new? Or, putting into practice some of the tools we have learned about? Or was it just the fact that it was something different than our normal weekly participation?

I would like to admit that I think it was a combination of everything mentioned above! Throughout the course, we have been focusing on all things Web 2.0. We have engaged in many different platforms and created numerous accounts across those platforms, but I think the challenges are what really sparked my interest in all of these tools. Allowing the learner to use the tool in an activity that may not be clearly academic (journal readings, analysis, etc.) allows us to be more hands on so to speak in such a digital world. The challenges allowed us to do some fun stuff in my opinion, while using Web 2.0 technology.

My favorite challenge was the playlist! It was interesting to see the variety of genres that my classmates turned to when creating a 'summer vibes' playlist!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I've been also curious about what makes the challenge activity so engaging. To be honest I thought not many students would be participating in the challenges since the activities were offered as optional. But it turned out that more students than I expected participated in the challenges and enjoyed them! Of course not all challenges were participated, and certain challenges were more popular than the others, but overall, it has been interesting to see students' interests and passion towards the challenges... I agree with all your points about the reasons.

    ReplyDelete