August 02, 2023

Using Social Media in K-12 Education

Today was the first day back to school since June...No students yet, but back to school none the less. At the start of this Web 2.0 journey, I began to contemplate how I could integrate social media into my own classroom.

Now at the end of the course, I came across this article These 5 best practices can help schools make the most of social media. Using the tips here, you can find best practices of instituting social media within a K-12 setting such as knowing your audience and practicing consistency. With that being said, most schools, at least in my district have some form of regular social media: Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram that is monitored by an administrator (s) and is updated frequently with the happenings in the school.

Using a social media account like those mentioned above can be tricky to utilize in specific classroom settings and is not allowed in my district. However, looking from the outside, I think it is important to have these types of accounts because they can appeal and reach a wider audience because most people utilize one of these platforms. 


No comments:

Post a Comment