July 02, 2023

Microlearning...How often do we do it??

 Before this course I had never actually heard of the phrase microlearning, nor was I aware that I actually did it and mostly done through social media! Microlearning is essentially the breakdown of a large topic into small sections that can frequently be referenced. This in turn made me first think of  YouTube. I am not sure about everyone else, but I use YouTube for almost everything that I need to know or learn how to do.

This week I gave myself a challenge to track all of my microlearning adventures. Here is a list of everything that I have used microlearning for this week:

YouTube

  • Replaced taillights in my vehicle
  • Change oil in my truck
  • Fix my garage door (it fell off the tracks)
  • Fixed the ice machine to my fridge
  • Best way to remove stains from clothes and soaking methods
  • How to fold a fitted sheet (I watch this once a week, and have yet to master this skill)
Pinterest
  • Found 2 new 4th of July BBQ recipes
  • 4th of July décor and craft ideas
To me this was a quiet week of microlearning using social media, however, some weeks are more packed than others. Today, we can do or fix almost anything using social media tools for microlearning, which is pretty incredible. Instead of having to hire someone for these tasks, you can learn and DIY it yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! It was really interesting to see how you utilized microlearning throughout the week! YouTube and Pinterest are such quick and effective ways to learn things and shouldn't be seen as negatively by any educator. Rather, I think in utilizing the understanding that micro-learning exists and students do it, just as you and I, we can embrace a newly sound way of teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remind me of that last night I learned how to open stuck Talenti through YouTube.

    ReplyDelete