June 01, 2023

Badge 1 For The Books

My newfound social media presence has paid off, as I have received my first badge - Blogmaster!

While I do not think I am quite the master yet, it is very appreciative to be recognized for the hard work I have been doing, trying to immerse myself in this digital universe. Now that I have 1, I am excited to move forward and learn more about the digital badge and the other ones that can be received!

I found this journal article that conducted several studies on the use of digital badges in several settings: nonformal, K-12, and higher education. It was interesting to see the different results, however, a common them among the studies found that the use of digital badges does entice learners at all levels and implements another motivating factor.

Check it out if you are interested in learning more about digital badges! 


Roy, S., & Clark, D. (2019). Digital badges, do they live up to the hype?. British Journal of Educational Technology50(5), 2619-2636.

https://bera-journals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/bjet.12709



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the badge and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the badge! The article was a great read. I must add, I was definitely a little more motivated once the badges and challenges were introduced. I'm trying to get out of "lurker" mode now on some of my social media apps so I am able to interact. So the badges are helping in that department :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete