June 03, 2023

Social Butterfly Challenge #EME64114


Blogging has become a real joy for me! I love to write and since this course I have a generalized focus on Web 2.0 and the tools provided, I am finding it very easy to engage in this type of community (or network - your choice)! I really do think that I will continue blogging even after learning all that Web 2.0 has to offer - I just have to narrow down a concept or idea - or maybe it will just be an area to write my thoughts and opinions, who knows?

This week I spent a great deal of time focusing on the provided tech tools, the concepts of communities and networks, and the concept of 'lurking' - probably my most interested topic. As I scrolled through my feeder I noticed that a great deal of my classmates shared some of the same interests that I have this week. Ericka also focused on the use of some of the tech tools that have been provided so far. We both are engaging in a majority of the tools and trying them all out. Reddit is going to be the next journey we both take!

I started working with Reddit and admittedly got a bit

overwhelmed - planning to give it a second shot thought! 😀




Lurking is something that can be seen as controversial or unnecessary personally use social media for this the most! I do not have much to contribute a majority of the time, but I do like to keep up with what my friends are doing via Facebook. Bloggerdude and I share this tendency. Some questions posed to this are, are we afraid to contribute or we afraid to put ourselves out there? For me, like I said, I just don't have much to contribute. I think if I had more to say, I would post more - but probably not. Up until this course, I did not give social media much thought. I prefer to be low key and not leave much of a digital footprint. Shaniqua also shared similar views as I and Bloggerdude and has also opted to become less of a lurker and more of a contributor!

Tweet #1 - I love the concepts of badges within an online setting. I think it sparks engagement and motivation and I am excited that my classmates share that excitement!



Tweet #2 - This article really sparked my interest! I was excited to engage with my classmates in this topic as I am not a big social media person. It was interesting to read about the perspectives of others when it comes to social media.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Frankie,
    I have used Reddit off and on over the years, and I have recently started getting back into it. I would very much describe myself as a lurker. However, I find myself more comfortable on Reddit due to the anonymity - it's a username I do not use anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete